The Mycenean Civilization is the third oldest civilization in Greece. A Civilization existing more than 3000 years ago (after the Cycladic and the Minoan). The Mycenean Civilization flourished in the Bronze Age. Furthermore according to some, the Myceneans copied the “style” of the two early civilizations from potteries, frescoes down to accessories. One thing that the Myceneans were known for is their military strength.
The Museum of Mycenae Archaeological Site is built next to the citadel at Mycenae Archaeological Site. It is where the famous Lion’s Gate and Tomb of King Agamemnon are also located. The Museum is consisted of three halls. These halls hold a variety of objects unearthed in the vicinity.
– Frescoes of Mycenean Women
– The Death Mask of Agamemnon (it is now in the Athens National Archaeological Museum)
– Death Masks of former Kings or Royalties
– Linear b tablet Writing Pre-Ancient Greek Language
– Accesories of Women during the Mycenean Civilization
– Terracota Figures
– Vast Military Weapons
Find out more by joining our 1 Day tour to Mycenae.
Admire the Museum of Mycenae Archaeological Site with one of our tours:
- One Day Tour To Mycenae, Nauplion and Epidaurus (Argolis)
- 3 Day Tour To Epidaurus, Mycenae, Nauplio, Olympia and Delphi Archaeological Sites
- 4 Day Tour To Epidaurus, Mycenae, Nauplion, Olympia, Delphi and Meteora Monasteries
- 5 Day Tour To Epidaurus, Nauplio, Mycenae, Olympia, Delphi and Meteora Monasteries
- 7 Day Tour In Greece Through the Centuries